Jeuveau (prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs) is an FDA-approved wrinkle relaxer that temporarily reduces the visibility of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, also known for glabellar lines. Over time, the overuse of the glabellar muscles to communicate certain emotions, such as frowning, can make the frown lines appear prominently on your face. However, a few Jeuveau injections can reduce their visibility.
Jeuveau, the Top Rated Wrinkle Relaxer
Jeuveau is a neuromodulator, i.e., a specific category of injectables with the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A. This particular ingredient can block communications between nerve endings and targeted muscles. When injected into the glabellar muscles, Jeuveau prevents the nerves from signaling the muscles to flex, thereby reducing the appearance of frown lines. Jeuveau results last for 3 to 4 months, depending on your body’s metabolic rate.
The Jeuveau Procedure
Your Jeuveau treatment starts with a personal consultation with our nurse practitioners. They carefully examine your facial tissues and discuss your goals to curate the ideal treatment plan. After cleansing your skin and applying a numbing gel, the appropriate Jeuveau dose is injected into the glabellar region using ultrafine needles. The number of injections depends on your specific goals, but most patients receive 5 injections.
- Non-surgically reduces the appearance of frown lines.
- If taken at an early age, it delays the appearance of frown lines.
- Makes you look younger and more pleasant.
- Doesn’t leave scars, incision marks, or other signs of cosmetic work.
- Concludes within 15 minutes without downtime.
- FDA approved for most adults.
- Safe treatment with minimal side effects.
- The results appear sooner than most other neuromodulators.
- Stop taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and blood-thinning medications a few days before the treatment.
- Stop smoking a few days before the Jeuveau treatment to reduce post-treatment bruising.
- Ensure your skin is clear, with no traces of makeup, cosmetic products, debris, etc.
Jeuveau Can Treat
Moderate to Severe Frown Lines: Jeuveau is FDA-approved for injection into the glabellar region to reduce moderate to severe frown lines, i.e., the lines formed by frowning or knitting your eyebrows.
Jeuveau doesn’t involve any downtime or extended recovery. Because of the lack of local anesthesia or sedatives, you can resume all your normal activities and work, including driving. You might experience redness, swelling, and irritation around the injection sites, but only for a few days.
Like all neuromodulators, Jeuveau results appear gradually over 10 days, but you can start seeing results in as little as 2 to 3 days. Comparatively, Botox results start appearing in 3 to 4 days. The final Jeuveau results last for 3 to 4 months, but studies have shown that approximately 34% of the patients maintain the results for up to 5 months. As such, you can maintain the results with 3 to 4 treatments per year.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities for 24 hours.
- Don’t rub or massage the treatment sites for 24 hours.
- Keep your head elevated for about 4 hours.
Learn More About Jeuveau
You can learn more about Jeuveau here: jeuveau.evolus.com
If you live in or around Friendswood, Texas, you can schedule an appointment at RevIVe MedSpa & Wellness to discuss your Jeuveau treatment options.