Botox is the world’s most popular cosmetic injectable for dynamic wrinkles, i.e., the wrinkles caused by the overuse of facial muscles to express emotions, such as laughing, frowning, etc. Dynamic wrinkles, such as frown lines and crow’s feet, appear when the overuse of specific facial muscles deepens the associated wrinkles, making them appear prominently even when your face is at rest. This is similar to how your biceps strengthen and become larger with continued use. We are specialists of Botox in Friendswood.
Cosmetic Botox Can Treat
- Forehead Lines: The lines that appear on your forehead when you raise your eyebrows.
- Crow’s Feet: The lines that appear around your eyes when you squint or smile.
- Frown Lines: The vertical lines that appear between your eyebrows when you frown.
- Bunny Lines: The lines that appear around your nose when you squint.
- Cobblestone Chin: The wrinkled and creased appearance of the chin.
- Lipstick Lines: The lines that appear around your mouth when you pout.
- Botox is FDA-approved to treat forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet, but it has numerous off-label uses. Our nurse practitioner will determine if your particular cosmetic concerns can be addressed by Botox in Friendswood
- Suppresses dynamic wrinkles without surgeries or incisions.
- Has prophylactic use, staving off the appearance of wrinkles on your face.
- FDA-approved and safe to use for most people.
- Doesn’t leave any incision marks, scars, or signs of cosmetic work.
- Adjustable according to each individual’s goals and needs.
- Concludes within 15 minutes with no downtime.
- Stop taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs), supplements, and herbal remedies, a few days before the Botox treatment to minimize bruising.
- Don’t use facials or chemical peels for a few days before the Botox treatment.
- Stop smoking cigarettes a few days before the Botox treatment to reduce post-treatment bruising.
- Cleanse your skin before the treatment to remove all the dirt, moisturizers, makeup debris, etc.
Botox results start appearing about 3 to 4 days after the injections, but it takes up to 14 days to see the final results. The results last for up to 4 months, depending on how fast your body metabolizes the components. Your cosmetic provider will discuss the ideal treatment frequency to maintain the results — most people need a Botox injection every 3 to 4 months.
Botox is a safe procedure with no risk of harsh side effects or complications. Without sedatives or local anesthesia, you can resume your daily activities as soon as you leave the medical spa. After your Botox in Friendswood, you may experience swelling, redness, bruising, and discomfort around the injection spots for a few days, but the side effects are mild and temporary.
Medical Botox Can Treat:
- Chronic Migraines: Botox injections in the muscles in the head and neck can alleviate the symptoms of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder: Botox injections into the bladder help the muscles contract more regularly, alleviating the symptoms of urinary incontinence or frequent urination.
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating): Botox injections under the arms can regulate the sweat glands, treating excessive underarm sweating.
- Strabismus (Crooked Eyes): Botox injections into the overactive eye muscles can relax them, restoring optimal eye alignment.
- Eyelid Spasms: Botox injections into the eyelid muscles can minimize eyelid spasms, reducing the frequency of eye twitches, pain, watery eyes, etc.
- Cervical Dystonia: Botox injections relax the shoulder and neck muscles leading to involuntary pulls and pains.
- Upper Limb Spasticity: Botox injections can minimize involuntary contractions in the upper arms.
- Other Concerns: Botox can also be used for other medical purposes, such as treating temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, headaches, facial tics, teeth grinding, etc. Your medical providers will discuss if your concerns can be addressed by Botox.