Belotero is an FDA-approved and clinically-proven dermal filler that fills the moderate to severe fine lines, wrinkles, and nasolabial folds, i.e., the lines extending from the corners of the nose to the mouth. Belotero is made of the active ingredient hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring substance that immediately fills out the skin to smooth the nasolabial folds, smile lines, lip lines, and other fine lines.
What Is Belotero?
How does Hyaluronic acid work?
Hyaluronic acid is a biocompatible and biodegradable component that’s found abundantly in the human skin in one’s youth. It has the unique feature of binding water molecules to the skin, making you look supple, smooth, voluminous, and youthful. However, your skin’s hyaluronic acid reserves gradually deplete over time, leading to wrinkles, worn out, and sagging skin. Belotero restores the hyaluronic acid balance, thereby reversing the effects of age.
- Nasolabial folds extending from the corners of the nose to the mouth.
- Vertical lip lines, also known as the “lipstick lines,” over the lips.
- Corner lines around the mouth caused by the constant pursing of lips.
- Smile lines around the lips and mouth.
- Chin wrinkles that produce the “cobblestone” appearance on the chin.
- Other fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Loss of facial volume in the midface region.
- Non-surgical treatment that causes no pain or discomfort.
- Restores your skin’s hyaluronic acid reserves.
- Gives an immediate lift to your skin, reducing the fine lines and wrinkles.
- Makes your skin look soft, supple, and hydrated.
- Produces natural-looking results.
- Concludes within 15 minutes with no downtime.
- Temporarily discontinue certain medications, such as blood-thinning medications, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, herbal supplements, etc.
- Stop drinking alcohol and smoking a few days before the treatment to minimize post-treatment bruising.
- Talk to the doctor about your current medication usage and history of allergies.
- Keep your skin clear — remove all makeup debris, skincare products, etc.
Belotero is a simple procedure that concludes within 15 minutes without downtime. After carefully assessing your health history and facial tissues, the nurse practitioners will curate the treatment. The treatment areas will be cleansed and numbed with topical anesthesia, following which they’ll inject Belotero with ultrafine needles. You might feel a little pinch as the needle goes into the facial tissues, but there’s no pain or discomfort.
Belotero doesn’t involve any downtime or extended recovery period. You might experience redness, swelling, irritation, itching, and discomfort around the treatment areas for a few days, but you can resume all your work and daily activities immediately.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities for 24 hours.
- Avoid direct exposure to heat and sunlight.
- Avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for a few days.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 24 hours.
Belotero produces instant results with gradual improvements as the side effects dissipate over a week. The results last for 6 months or more, depending on the dosage, treatment area, and how quickly your body metabolizes the hyaluronic acid.
You can learn more about Belotero here: www.belotero.com
If you live in or around Friendswood, Texas, you can schedule an appointment at RevIVe MedSpa & Wellness to discuss your Belotero treatment options.