The presence of fine spider veins or bulging varicose veins can lead to incredible self-consciousness. You might want to cover up your legs or avoid attending social events. Spider veins are extremely fine and thread-like veins on the skin’s surface. Varicose veins are heavier leg veins that bulge out in ropey and tangled knots. Whether you have spider veins or varicose veins, RevIVe MedSpa & Wellness’ laser vein treatment in Friendswood uses the latest laser technologies to make the leg veins fade away from your skin.
Laser Vein Treatment Description
Laser vein treatment is a procedure that leverages laser technologies to heat up the visible blood vessels on the skin’s surface. The laser device generates thermal energy to damage the undesirable leg veins, turning them into scar tissues that eventually fade away. Laser vein treatment facilitates spider vein removal and varicose vein removal, allowing you to flaunt your legs without self-consciousness. In most cases, patients need multiple sessions for optimal results.
- Non-invasive procedure to remove unwanted leg veins.
- No pain or discomfort before or during the procedure.
- No harsh side effects or complications.
- Doesn’t leave any scars or unwanted signs of cosmetic work.
- Treatment concludes within 15 to 30 minutes with no downtime.
- Shave the treatment areas in advance to ensure the veins absorb the laser energy without distraction.
- Stop taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and other blood-thinning medications before the treatment.
- Disclose your health history, medication usage, and history of skin infections to the vein treatment provider prior to laser vein treatment in Friendswood.
Laser vein treatment is a simple, in-office, and outpatient procedure performed without local anesthesia. The nurse practitioners will examine your leg veins to curate the ideal treatment plan based on your specific needs. The laser technology will be adjusted for your specific skin concerns and type. You’ll have to wear eyewear to protect your eyes from laser energy. The practitioners will also cleanse the treatment areas and apply a numbing gel to ensure comfort.
Once the numbing gel kicks in, the laser technology will be moved over the treatment areas while delivering short pulses of laser energy. Patients often describe it as similar to the sensation of a hot rubber band snapping on the skin or a small pinprick. You might feel a little uncomfortable, but most patients find it tolerable. You should inform the practitioner if you feel extreme discomfort. The treatment generally concludes within 30 minutes.
- Use cold packs to minimize swelling.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Wear an SPF30+ sunscreen when going outside.
- Avoid tanning beds for a few weeks.
The results from laser vein treatment gradually appear over several weeks and sessions, depending on the number and size of leg veins. You should go for all your treatment sessions regularly to make the veins fade away completely.
Most patients need multiple laser vein treatments for optimal results. However, the number of sessions and frequency depends entirely on the number of leg veins on your skin. Varicose veins generally require more sessions than spider veins. The laser vein treatments are usually scheduled 6 to 12 weeks apart. Your practitioner will recommend the ideal treatment frequency for your specific needs.
Laser vein treatment in Friendswood is a safe, non-invasive, and outpatient procedure without any downtime or extended recovery period. You might experience mild swelling, redness, irritation, and discomfort for a few days, but you can resume your normal activities immediately. You can also use cold packs to minimize swelling and discomfort.
If you live in or around Friendswood, Texas, you can schedule an appointment at RevIVe MedSpa & Wellness to discuss your options for laser vein treatment in Friendswood.