Sculptra is an FDA-approved dermal filler that activates your body’s innate healing and collagen production capabilities. Like most dermal fillers, Sculptra also fills the fine lines and wrinkles, restores lost facial volume, and augments facial features, such as the jawline and cheeks. However, unlike other fillers, it doesn’t rely on external components but on your body’s natural processes, encouraging your body to naturally reverse the signs of aging.
What is Sculptra?
How does Sculptra work?
Poly-L-Lactic Acid is the primary active ingredient in Sculptra. PLLA is a naturally-occurring component that adds volume to your skin, giving a gentle lift. But its beauty truly lies in its ability to encourage collagen production. Collagen is the skin’s primary structural framework, holding it upright against the force of gravity. The gradual loss of collagen due to age and excessive sun exposure is the reason for wrinkles, skin laxity, and hollow cheeks.
Sculptra restores your skin’s youthful collagen reserves, thereby giving you firm, smooth, and even-textured skin.
- Nasolabial folds, i.e., the lines running from the corners of the nose to the mouth.
- Marionette lines, i.e., the lines running from the corners of the mouth to the chin.
- Perioral lines, i.e., the vertical lines above the lips.
- Other fine lines, wrinkles, creases, and folds.
- Loss of facial volume in the chin and midface region.
- Concerns regarding facial symmetry and structure.
- Non-surgically enhances and contours your facial features.
- Reverses the signs of age, sun damage, and environmental factors.
- Causes no pain or discomfort during or after the treatment.
- Restores your body’s natural collagen reserves.
- Concludes within 15 minutes without downtime.
- Natural-looking results that last longer than most fillers.
- Stop taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen and aspirin, a few days before the treatment.
- Stop drinking and smoking a few days before the treatment to reduce the risk of bruising.
During the Sculptra consultation, our nurse practitioners will examine your facial tissues, discuss your goals, review your health history, and curate the ideal treatment plan. Your skin will be prepared with a numbing gel to ensure optimal comfort. The nurse will carefully deliver Sculptra into the targeted areas using ultrafine needles. You might feel a little pinch, but no pain or discomfort.
Sculptra doesn’t involve any downtime — you can resume all your daily activities and work immediately. At most, you’ll need to deal with mild swelling, redness, itching, and irritation for a few days.
- Apply an ice pack to the swollen treatment areas every few minutes for the first 24 hours.
- Massage the treatment areas every couple of minutes for 5 days.
- Avoid tanning beds and excessive sunlight exposure for a few days.
- Avoid drinking and smoking for a few days to recover from the bruising quickly.
Sculptra produces some results instantly, but most of the results appear gradually over several weeks or months as your body produces new collagen fibers. The average treatment plan consists of 3 injections spaced over several months, but your provider will curate the ideal treatment plan based on your needs. The final results last for around 2 years.
You can read more about Sculptra here: www.sculptraaesthetic.com.
If you live in or around Friendswood, Texas, you can schedule an appointment at RevIVe MedSpa & Wellness to discuss your Sculptra treatment options.