Restylane is an incredibly popular family of hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. The collection includes several formulations, each addressing different cosmetic concerns for different treatment areas. Hyaluronic acid is the active ingredient in all Restylane products (our preferred lip filler in Friendswood).
What Is Restylane?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring and biodegradable component responsible for your skin’s natural glow and youthfulness. It can bind and hold up to 1,000x its own weight in water, which allows it to make your skin look dewy, fresh, and supple. However, age and environmental factors make your skin lose its hyaluronic acid reserves, leading to a wrinkled, dry, and gaunt appearance.
How does Restylane work?
Restylane injections restore your natural HA reserves, reversing the effects of age and excessive sun exposure. If injected carefully, Restylane can augment your facial contours, making your jawline, chin, and cheeks look prominent. Each Restylane product has a different composition, consistency, and strength, making them suitable for different treatment areas. A product that fills out the nasolabial folds might make the lips seem stiff or unnatural. As such, you must get the right Restylane for your specific needs. Restylane is made with a proprietary manufacturing process that prevents “overcorrection,” i.e., it maintains a complete range of expressions, and is a great choice when looking into a lip filler in Friendswood.
Types of Restylane Fillers
Defyne smooths the deep laugh lines, including the nasolabial folds around the nose and the marionette lines around the mouth. When injected into the mid-to-deep facial tissues, Defyne corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and nasolabial folds.
Kysse augments the lips, making them appear more voluminous, full, hydrated, and luscious. When injected into strategic locations, Kysse can also shape the lips into the desired contours. It’s also injected around the mouth to smooth the perioral lines.
Lyft restores volume to the cheeks and the back of the hands. When injected into the midface, Lyft restores your hyaluronic acid reserves, making your cheeks look full. It’s also injected into the dorsal hand to restore lost volume and fill out the wrinkles.
Refyne smooths the deep laugh lines running from the sides of the nose to the mouth, and from the corners of the mouth to the chin (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). It’s injected into the mid-to-deep facial tissues to smooth the facial folds.
- Our nonsurgical lip filler in Friendswood treatment doesn’t cause any pain or discomfort.
- Contains lidocaine to numb the skin upon contact, ensuring comfort.
- Restore your skin’s natural hyaluronic acid reserves.
- Reverses signs of aging, such as fine lines and the loss of facial volume.
- Enhances and strengthens your facial contours.
- Augments your facial features, such as the cheeks and lips.
- Suitable for dorsal hands, i.e., the back of the hands.
- Concludes within 15 minutes with no downtime.
- Produces immediate results.
- Avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, herbal supplements, and other blood-thinning medications for a few days.
- Avoid smoking and drinking for a few days to prevent post-treatment bruising.
- Disclose your history of treatments and medication usage to the nurse practitioner.
- Cleanse your face, removing all makeup, cosmetic products, etc.
Your Restylane treatment starts with a personal consultation with our nurse practitioners. They review your health history, discuss your goals, and examine your facial skin to recommend the ideal Restylane product for your specific needs. Your skin is cleansed and numbed with topical anesthesia to ensure comfort while receiving lip filler in Friendswood. Once the numbness kicks in, the chosen Restylane product is injected into the treatment areas using ultrafine needles. The number of injections depends on your specific goals.
Restylane treatments don’t involve any downtime or extended recovery. You might experience mild redness, swelling, irritation, itching, and discomfort around the injection sites for a few days, but you can resume your daily activities immediately.
- Don’t take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for 24 hours.
- Don’t engage in strenuous workouts for 24 hours.
- Avoid direct exposure to heat or direct sunlight for 24 hours.
- Keep your head elevated for a few hours.
Restylane produces instant results — the hyaluronic acid immediately lifts your skin, reversing the fine lines and laxity. The results last for 6 to 18 months, depending on the chosen formulation, treatment areas, dosage, and your body’s ability to metabolize the hyaluronic acid.
You can learn more about Restylane here: restylaneusa.com.
If you live in or around Friendswood, Texas, you can schedule an appointment at RevIVe MedSpa & Wellness to discuss your Restylane treatment options.