PRP (platelet-rich plasma) facial rejuvenation is an incredibly effective and powerful procedure wherein components derived from your body are used to enhance your facial appearance. PRP (platelet-rich plasma) is a part of the human blood with a high concentration of vitamins, nutrients, and growth factors. The PRPs are drawn from a sample of your blood, purified, and injected into the treatment areas. This activates your body’s natural growth and healing processes, leading to skin cell turnover and the increased production of collagen and elastin.
PRP Facial Rejuvenation Description
Collagen and elastin are the skin’s structural components. They keep your skin looking young, taut, elastic, and smooth. The gradual loss of collagen and elastin due to age and environmental factors leads to wrinkled, worn, and aging skin. PRP restores your skin’s collagen reserves, thereby reversing the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. Furthermore, PRP encourages skin cell turnover to replace the old and damaged skin tissues with new and fresh skin tissues. The results are smooth, youthful, and even-textured skin.
PRP with Microneedling
Microneedling is a procedure wherein a special device is used to make microscopic channels on the skin’s surface. Your body interprets the micro-channels as wounds, thereby activating skin cell turnover and collagen production. PRP is often combined with microneedling to boost the results. After microneedling, when your skin is highly receptive, the PRP solution is applied to the treatment areas. The combined effects of PRP and microneedling ensure speedy healing and improved results. As an autologous treatment, you can rest assured that there aren’t any risks of allergies.
- Stimulate collagen and elastin production.
- Activate the body’s natural growth and healing capabilities.
- Reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
- Improve overall skin tone and texture.
- Reduce the dark circles, hollows, and textural irregularities.
- Tighten the skin tissues and minimize sagging.
- Minimize enlarged pores.
- Improve overall skin complexion.
- Non-surgical treatment with no incisions or anesthesia.
- Painless and comfortable treatment.
- No major side effects or complications.
- Autologous treatment with no risk of allergic reactions.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Don’t use topical retinoids, antibiotics, exfoliants, and other harsh skincare products a week before the treatment.
- Don’t take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications a few days before the treatment.
- Avoid laser treatments or excessive sun exposure for 2 weeks before the treatment.
- Don’t shave on the day of the procedure.
- Consultation: The PRP facial rejuvenation starts with a consultation with our exceptional nurse practitioners. They examine your facial skin, discuss your concerns, and curate the treatment according to your specific needs.
- Collection: A small sample of your blood is drawn via a syringe.
- Purification: The blood sample is placed into the centrifuge, where the platelet-rich plasmas are separated from the other components.
- Microneedling: If you opt for PRP microneedling, the nurse practitioners will use a microneedling device to create tiny microchannels on your skin.
- Treatment: The PRP solution is injected into the treatment areas. If you opt for microneedling, the PRP solution is topically applied to your skin.
PRP facial rejuvenation doesn’t involve any downtime or extended recovery — you can resume your daily activities immediately. However, you may experience skin dryness, redness, swelling, bruising, and flaking. After about 3 days, the old skin cells will start flaking off, revealing smoother and more even-textured skin underneath. Although you can resume most of your daily activities, you should avoid direct sun exposure for at least one to two weeks.
You’ll start seeing the results within a week as the side effects dissipate. However, the final results will gradually appear over several weeks as your body produces new collagen.
Most patients need 3 to 6 PRP microneedling sessions spaced a month apart. However, your cosmetic provider will recommend the ideal frequency based on your specific needs.
If you live in or around Friendswood, Texas, you can schedule an appointment at RevIVe MedSpa & Wellness to discuss your PRP facial rejuvenation options.